Home / Application and Eligibility
Application and Eligibility
Please submit, to email@example.com, the following documents:
- Cover letter - if you have external funding for your postdoc, please indicate it in your letter. This will not factor into the decision of who receives a fellowship.
- 3 letters of recommendation sent directly from the letter writer. 1 letter should be from the future Caltech advisor.
- Research statement – 1-2 pages of proposed research at Caltech.
- Diversity statement – 1-2 page Statement of Diversity. You are encouraged to speak to your lived experience. A Diversity Statement should focus on personally important, and/or challenging factors in your background relevant to diversity, inclusion, equity, and access in your career to date. These might include, but are not limited to: the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, culture, race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, neurodiversity, disability, and life or work experiences. The statement should also address how you might support Caltech's commitment to diversity, inclusion, equity and access during your time here.
How will my statements be evaluated?
Applications can be submitted directly by the candidate or compiled and submitted by Caltech advisor.
Friday July 14, 2023, 1 pm PDT
- Strong preference will be given to students who have not yet started their postdoctoral term at Caltech
- Preference will be given to scholars with backgrounds traditionally underrepresented in academia. All scholars are still welcome to apply.
- If scholars receive external fellowships that cover the full stipend and benefits, fellowship funding will provide up to $5,000 for a research and relocation allowance. Health insurance benefits will also be covered if they are not supported by the external fellowship.